Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Review: Organix Awapuhi Ginger Dry Styling Oil

My hair has been colored several times over the past couple of years. I've had highlights, dyed my hair, and even ombred my own hair. I've gone through several hair-related escapades and in return, my hair can be dry at times. To top it all off, I blow-dry my hair everyday because my hair air dries really weird (but seriously). I try to take a lot of effort in maintaining it in order to prevent it from damaging even further. That's where Organix Awapuhi Ginger Dry Styling Oil comes in (that was a mouthful!). I've tried out other Organix products in the past, but this one is the only one so far that I would repurchase. Why?

In the past, I've tried the Organix Penetrating Moroccan Argan Oil and Shampoo. Both products were simply just "ok" for me. I had high hopes for the Organix Penetrating Moroccan Argan Oil because argan oil is really good for dry hair. However, the results weren't that superb and I felt like it was making a hair flatter than usual.


The Awapuhi Ginger Plant
However, the awapuhi ginger styling oil has been a hit for me. First off, it smells really good. I can't really explain the scent, but it has a tropical feel to it with a nice floral scent to it. The oil itself is extracted from the Hawaian Awapuhi Ginger plant. According to the package, it says it's a "light and dry styling treatment....to strengthen the hair from within leaving it bouncy, super soft and shiny!" It also says that it's supposed to repair and moisturize even the driest or most damaged hair.

Basically, you take a dime-sized amount of this (you only need a little!), rub it with the palms of your hands and apply it to clean, damp hair. After I apply it, I can instantly smell the nice scent and once my hair is dry, the scent sticks. I can't tell you how many times people have said my hair smells good (good mixture of shampoo, conditioner and awapuhi ginger oil I guess!) and how soft it is. All I can say is, it's all thanks to this baby. Once my hair is dry after applying the product and blow-drying, my hair literally feels soft and looks shiny; the best part - no frizz and no fly-aways! I'm a pro-volume kind of girl and thankfully, this product doesn't interfere with volumizing. So basically, my hair becomes a triple threat: volume, shine, softness - BOOM!



This product tames those pesky fly-aways, moisturizes the hair, and gives hair shine and softness. This is one of my favorite hair products of all time and I'll definitely be repurchasing this!

I think you can get this at most drugstores. I recommend Target or Walmart because they tend to be a little cheaper than stores like Walgreens and CVS. The Organix line is one of the more expensive hair product lines out there but this product is worth it. I got this product for $7.99 at Walmart and this is a definite repurchase!

FTC Disclaimer: I was not paid/compensated for reviewing this product. All opinions are my own and this product was purchased with my own money.

     
     Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment