Sunday, July 1, 2012

5 Tips to Stay Fit This Summer

  1. Water. Take your body weight and divide it by 2. What's the number? That's how many ounces of water you should be drinking a day (unsweetened tea counts). The easiest way to ensure you are getting the right amount of water is to substitute your normal drink with water. By substituting the sweetened and carbonated drinks with water, you are cutting hundreds of calories out of your daily diet. After your morning routine, drink 16oz of water and when you go to bed, drink 16oz of water again.With the heat index the way it is, anything else other than water could actually dehydrate you. 
  2. Wake Up. Sleeping eight hours burns a little over 300 Calories. Waking up after those 8 hours, eating and moving boost your metabolism and allows you to be more active throughout the day.
  3. Phone a friend. If there isn't a heat advisory get outside and get active!
  4. Cook. What??? I said cook! Cooking your own meals instead of ordering out allows you to account for everything that's going into your meal. It also allows for you to maintain portion control. I don't know about everyone else, but I eat while I cook. I end up being full not too long after I sit down with my plate.
  5. Shop. Okay, I kind of cheated - there is no scientific evidence that proves shopping is a fitness technique but it makes sense to me. Besides making you more active, shopping is a great stress reliever. We store stress in fat! Less stress less fat. Haha c:
Forever Spicy,
     Jamara

No comments:

Post a Comment