Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How Pinterest helped me to a better body

If you guys don't know what Pinterest is, Pinterest is basically an online pinboard where you can "pin" different things onto custom-categorized boards (i.e food board, art board, etc). I happen to be a huge fan of Pinterest because there are so many ideas available on the site and I get exposed to tons of cool ideas, tips, images, and more. But who knew Pinterest could help me to a more toned and healthy body?

It's the truth. Pinterest has indeed helped me develop a more toned body. How you may ask? Pinterest lets you browse through several categories and Fitness is one of those categories. On the public Fitness board, you can find so many different tricks, workouts and tips for your overall health and well-being.

Thanks to the ability to pin onto my own-made boards, I decided to create a board called "Motivation for Health" to post workouts, tips, tricks and such for me to utilize on a daily basis. I've pinned many different things on there so far from the "Dancer's Leg Workout" to the "Harry Potter Workout". By posting these simple workouts, it motivates me to workout at home everyday for at least an hour. I think all the workouts are manageable even for beginners because these workouts are made to be simple and short, but still effective.

What I do is I choose which workouts I want to do on a certain day. I pick 2-4 workouts to do and do them while I'm watching TV. I've been doing these workouts almost daily and sometimes 4-5 times a week. And the best part is, I'm actually seeing results. Granted, you can't expect to automatically see results; it takes time. But if you keep up with these simple workouts, you WILL see a difference.

If you want to see or follow my "Motivation for Health" pinboard on Pinterest, click HERE.
Remember, working out is a constant effort. It's hard but think about how happy you'll be with a great, toned body!


     Priscilla

1 comment:

  1. hey priscilla! love the health pinboard, i hope it gets me ready for the color run!

    -dj

    ReplyDelete