Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: Vaseline Original Lip Therapy

Whether it's winter or summer, I suffer from chapped lips if I don't constantly moisturize them. I've tried out lots of different types of chapsticks and I always get the same result: moisturized lips for about an hour, and then I have to reapply over and over again. I jumped on the Burt's Bees chapstick bandwagon and although I did like it, I found an even better product. Vaseline Original Lip Therapy has been the solution to my chapped lips problem for months and this is a product I would repurchase over and over again. Why?

Vaseline has been around for years and has been the solution to a multitude of problems, especially if you have dry skin. Now, Vaseline has expanded their line to include lip products for supple, moisturized lips. I can honestly say, Vaseline Original Lip Therapy is my absolute favorite lip product of all time.

My little guy is a little beat-up from being in my purse!
It comes in a cute little plastic container (basically a mini version of a Vaseline tub). It is TINY but it holds a lot of product. It has lasted me for months and I only paid about $1.39 for this product at Target. Vaseline is known to have a scent to it but this product has no scent. The texture is buttery, which makes it super hydrating. It serves as a great base before applying lipstick or lipgloss to give you a hydrated base to work with - no cracks, no dryness! A little goes a long way so you don't have to apply a big glob of it. I tend to slather on more at nighttime before bed so when I wake up, I have amazingly soft lips.

I think the only gripe people might have with this product is that you use your fingers to apply the balm. It doesn't really bother me because I normally wash my hands or sanitize my hands before I apply it; however, some people may not like the unideal sanitary aspect to it.

HOW TO SPICE IT UP: This product has no scent or taste to it. To spice it up, you can make it flavored/scented by adding a few ingredients. Add a very small amount of vanilla extract (VERY SMALL. Vanilla extract is potent) for vanilla-flavored lip therapy or add your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid (powder form) to give it some taste & color. It's up to you! Get creative and see what you come up with!

I don't know what more I can say about this product - I love, love it. Vaseline, in my opinion, is the king of making hydrating products for the body! I've got all my friends obsessing over this product and I even throw it in as an extra birthday present for them. So tempted to buy multiples of this and put it in all of my purses, but I think that would be too excessive. Anyways, I definitely recommend everyone pick up one of these little guys and your lip love affair will start to unfold!

FTC Disclaimer: I was not paid/compensated by Vaseline to review this product. This product was purchased with my own money and this is my 100% honest review of this product.


     Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment