Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum

I'm a huge drugstore hair product junkie and I get super excited when I see the different lines different hair product lines have. Today, I'm reviewing the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum. The Keratin Infusion line is one of the newer lines and came out a couple of months ago I believe. I purchased the Smooth & Shine Serum because I have slightly frizzy hair that needs to be tamed often. When I read the descriptions on the product, I wanted to try it. Keratin treatments are treatments known to be able to smooth and de-frizz your hair but can be costly and are done at salons. But here's a cheaper alternative for you!

Suave is known to be inexpensive and some of their products work amazingly. This costs around $3-$4 for a 2 FL OZ bottle. It also comes with a convenient pump, which I much rather prefer than a squeeze tube. It has a slight scent to it; kind of like a warm, amber scent (It reminds me of Bath & Body Works' scent Sensual Amber)? The serum is a type of oil so granted, it's going to be oily. The bottle recommends 2-3 pumps but I think it varies depending on your hair. If you have a lot of hair or long hair, 2 pumps should be sufficient. If you have short or thin hair, then I only recommend 1 full pump because the product can weight down hair if you use too much.

When I applied the product, I saw it help smooth my hair, especially the frizzy parts of my hair. When it comes to shine, I saw some but not all that much. It wasn't like a noticeable shine but a subtle shine which of course, isn't a bad thing. Again, the product itself is oily and can be heavy on your hair if you use too much, so use only a small amount appropriate for your hair's length and thickness. Overall, for $3-$4, it's a good product because it's cheap and it works. However, I would rather use my Organix Awapuhi Ginger Dry Styling Oil which I reviewed here.

I like this product, but I don't absolutely love it. If you want to try it out, you can get it at any drugstore that sells Suave.


     Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment