Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Summer Makeup Routine - Jamara

As a general rule, I don't wear much makeup daily. So in the summer months my makeup routine is the bare minimum. In fact I'm not even sure you would call it a makeup routine. Nonetheless, any great makeup routine always begins in the shower. For my sensitive combination skin, I keep it simple. I start by cleansing my face with a cold cream. Weekly, I follow my cold cream with a gentle exfoliating scrub, I use Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub. Out of the shower, I apply a gentle toner and Vitamin C cream to wake my skin up and add moisture without shine. Now that my skin is all cleansed and ready, I start putting on my face. Because I do not require much coverage, I'm not the liquid make up kind of girl. I also find that liquid makeup for dark skin is usually a bit too red to fit my skin tone. But I'm sure there is a tinted moisturizer out there that is not either too red for my skin or too gray, I've yet to find it. But believe me, I'll keep trying. If anyone knows of one, please submit it. Until then I'll stick to the routine I'm using now.

FACE:
  • For fuller coverage MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder in NW 43
  • For a glowing look MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark applied to the temple check and chin in a 3 shape.

EYES:
  • L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeliner in Black
  • Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Blackest Black 

LIPS:
  • YSL Sheer Candy in Mouthwatering Berry
If you opt for the full coverage, still apply the Mineralized Skinfinish and set with Evian mist.

*SN: Carry blot papers to remove access oil. Ulta carries the NYX brand with options for every need possible.

FTC Disclaimer: I am not being paid or compensated for mentioning any of the products mentioned above. All opinions are my own and all products were purchased with my own money.



Keeping it SPICY,
     Jamara



No comments:

Post a Comment