Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: MAC Mineralize Concealer

I suffered with acne throughout high school and when I got to college, my skin started getting a lot better. The breakouts are minimal now and my skin looks way better than it looked before. But the downside of having acne is that your skin can become red and blotchy and worst of all, dreaded post-acne scars.

I hate acne scars with a burning passion. They're usually red or brown in color and they seem to take forever to go away. One of my good friends gifted me with the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30 for Christmas and I liked it a lot. It had a lot of coverage and covered my spots well. However, for some reason, during the summer, my skin became drier than usual (which is weird for me but whatever) and if I used this concealer, it would kind of accentuate my dry spots. I was almost done with the bottle so I decided that maybe it would be time to start using a new concealer. After dinner with my friends, we decided to go to a MAC store and I started a friendship with a new concealer.

I went into MAC hoping to find a concealer that would be more hydrating than the Pro Longwear. I still love my Pro Longwear concealer but it's always good to have a variety right? I asked one of the employees which concealer she would recommend if I was looking for more hydration. She recommended to me the MAC Mineralize Concealer and I got mine in NC30. I was a little skeptical as I always am when I try new products I haven't researched beforehand. I just bought this on a whim.

I love this concealer. But in a different way than the Pro Longwear. As I stated before, my skin is in better condition than it was before. My acne scars are fading, which makes it easier to cover up. The MAC Mineralize Concealer isn't a full-coverage concealer; however, those of you looking for a light concealer for medium-minimal coverage, this is for you! I especially love putting it under my eyes because it brightens them and conceals them without looking cakey and dry. It's not thick, but it's not watery or runny either. It's in between in texture, not too creamy and not too watery. The only complaint I have about it is that it has a brush applicator, which can irk those with sanitary issues. I got this concealer for approx. $20 and I think it's a great purchase! Try it out for yourself and if you don't like it, you're always welcome to return it!

FTC Disclaimer: I am not being paid or compensated for mentioning this product. All opinions are my own and this product was purchased with my own money.


     Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment